This 166 page global strategic report features interviews with leading stem cell executives, including the CEO of CDI, a Fujifim Company (Kaz Hirao), CEO of Gamida Cell Ltd. (Dr Margolin), CEO of Pluristem Therapeutics (Yaky Yanay), and more. Get the inside scoop on the future of the stem cell industry from the people who are creating it.
Stem cell research has been in process for well over five decades, as stem cells have the unique ability to divide and replicate repeatedly. In addition, their “unspecialized” nature allows them to differentiate into a wide variety of specialized cell types. In a developing embryo, stem cells can differentiate into all of the embryonic tissues. In adult organisms, stem and progenitor cells act as a repair system for the body, replenishing specialized cells.
Stem cells are primitive cells found in all multi-cellular organisms that are characterized by self-renewal and the capacity to differentiate into mature cell types. Several broad categories of stem cells exist, including:
- Embryonic stem cells, derived from blastocysts
- Perinatal stem cells, obtained during the period immediately before and after birth
- Adult stem cells, found in adult tissues
- Induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS cells), produced by genetically reprogramming adults cells
- Cancer stem cells, which give rise to clonal populations of cells that form tumors or disperse in the body
The possibilities arising from these characteristics have resulted in great commercial interest, with potential applications ranging from the use of stem cells as research tools, to their utilization in cell therapies and integration into 3D bioprinted tissues and organs. Additionally, the ability to use stem cells to improve drug target validation and toxicology screening is of intense interest to the pharmaceutical industry.
Rapid Technological Innovation
As a result of this technological innovation, the stem cell industry is known for rapid change. As of June 2017, a search for stem cells returns the following results:
- 5,932 Clinical Trials — Search conducted via ClinicalTrials.gov, a global registry of clinical trials that contains approximately 3/4th of trials worldwide, using the terms “stem cell” or “stem cells”
- 45,283 Patents — Search performed using the United State Patent and Trademark Office website, USPTO.gov, using the terms “stem cell” or “stem cells”
- 296,399 Scientific Papers — Search performed on PubMed.gov, a global database of scientific publications maintained by the NIH, using the terms “stem cell” or “stem cells”
- Additionally, Google Trends identifies that stem cell terms are widely searched in countries worldwide, led by Singapore, China, UK, USA, and Australia — Google Trends is a service of Google Inc. that shows how frequently a particular search term is entered relative to the total search volume worldwide
Undoubtedly, there is enormous interest surrounding the stem cell industry. However, this rapid technological changes leaves all industry participants wondering, what will be future directions for the stem cell industry over the next 5, 10, or 15 years?
Interviews with Stem Cell Industry Executives
Founded in 2006, BioInformant is the first and only market research firm to specialize in the stem cell industry. To date, BioInformant research has been cited by the Wall Street Journal, Xconomy, and Vogue Magazine. Serving Fortune 500 leaders that include GE Healthcare, Pfizer, and Goldman Sachs, BioInformant is your global leader in stem cell industry data.
For the past decade, BioInformant has been interviewing stem cell industry executives, but this global strategic report represents the first time we have released them in entirety.
BioInformant is honored to launch this 166 page global strategic report featuring dozens of interviews with stem cell industry executives from leading companies worldwide, featuring interviews with the CEO of CDI (Kaz Hirao), CEO of Gamida Cell (Dr Yael Margolin), President and COO of Pluristem Therapeutics (Yaky Yanay), and many more.
For more information, see the table of contents below.
Table of Contents
- Interview with Dr. Yael Margolin, CEO of Gamida Cell – Solving the Unmet Need in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT)
- Interview with Dr. Frida Grynspan, VP of Research & Development for Stem Cell Medicine, Ltd. – Developing Genetically Modified Muscle Progenitor Cells
- Interview with Dr. Itzchak Angel, CEO of Accellta – Specializing in Mass Production of the Pluripotent Stem Cells
- Interview with Eran Cohen, Accellta’s Intellectual Property (IP) Officer – A Small Company with the IP of a Big Company
- Interview with Dr. Cynthia Bamdad, CEO of Minerva Biotechnologies – The Link Between Naïve Stem Cells and Cancer
- Interview with Matthew Feshbach, Founder of Okyanos Cell Therapy (Part 1) – Adipose-Derived Stem Cell Therapies
- Interview with Matthew Feshbach, Founder of Okyanos Cell Therapy (Part 2) – Setting the Standard in Adipose-Derived Stem Cell Applications
- Interview with Dr. Bruce Werber, COO of BPSR and CEO of Anu Life Sciences – Regenerative Applications of Placental Tissue Allografts
- Interview with Dr. Ornella Parolini of IPLASS – Understanding Placental Stem Cell Applications
- Interview with Pamela Levin of Tisch MS Research Center of NY– Beginning a Phase II Stem Cell Trial for MS
- Interview with Dr. Saud Sadiq, Director of the Tisch MS Research Center of NY – Stem Cells for Reversal of Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Interview with James Alexis Mendez, CFO of CryoHoldco – Cord Blood Banking within Latin America
- Interview with Kenneth Harris, Chief Advisor for CuraSense Advisors – Growth Rates and Trends within the Cord Blood Industry
- Interview with Joseph Krieger of Boston Biolife – Educating Physicians about Regenerative Medicine
- Interview with ORIG3N’s James Lovgren – Creating World’s Largest Blood Cell Repository for iPSC Production
- Interview with Tony Veverka, Chief Group Executive of BioEden – How Dental Stem Cells Will Impact Our Future
- Interview with Joao Andrade, CEO of WideCells Group – Unlocking the Future of Cord Blood Banking
- Interview with Dr. Jon Rowley, Founder and CTO of RoosterBio (2016) – Radically Changing the Use of Stem Cells
- Interview with the Dr. Jon Rowley, Founder and CTO of RoosterBio (2017) – “Year of the Rooster”
- Interview with Dr. Paul Wotton, Board Member of Cynata Therapeutics and Previous CEO of Ocata Therapeutics – Mass Production of Therapeutic Grade MSCs
- Interview with Kyle Cetrulo, CEO of AuxoCell Laboratories – Future of Regenerative Medicine
- Interview with Dr. Denver Lough, President and CEO of PolarityTE – Creating Functionally Polarized Tissue
- Interview with Yaky Yanay, President and COO of Pluristem Therapeutics – Commercializing Placental Stem Cell Therapeutics
- Interview with Dr. Priya Baraniak of RoosterBio – RM Industry’s First Xeno-free (XF) hMSC Cell Banks
- Interview with Dr. Chris Centeno, CEO of Regenexx® (Part 1) – Orthopedic Applications of MSCs
- Interview with Dr. Chris Centeno, CEO of Regenexx® (Part 2) – Visionary Behind Regenexx® Stem Cell Technology
- Interview with Robin Smith, CEO of ORIG3N – Creating Patient-Specific iPSCs and a Living Database of Humanity
- Interview with Dr. Askenase of Yale University School of Medicine – Role of MSC-Derived Exosomes in Healing the Injured Spinal Cord
- Interview with Kaz Hirao, CEO of Cellular Dynamics International (CDI), a FUJIFILM Company – Industrial Scale Manufacture of iPSC Cells and Differentiated Cell Types