Exosomes are rapidly gaining momentum as a strategy for accessing the therapeutic effects of stem cells without the risks and difficulties of administering the cells to patients. With exosome companies multiplying in number and exosome publications on the rise, it is clear that exosomes will play a crucial role in therapeutics, diagnostics, research tools, cosmeceuticals, and more.
Exosomes are small vesicles ranging from 30-100nm in size that are found in nearly all eukaryotic fluids and facilitate a range of important cellular functions. They transfer DNA, RNA, and proteins to other cells, thereby altering the function of the targeted cells. Exosomes are commonly found in blood, urine, and saliva, as well as synovial fluid, amniotic fluid, semen, vaginal fluid, breast milk, and more.
Exosomes play a key role in cell-to-cell signalling, with the ability to module a wide range of cellular functions in cells located both near (paracrine) and far (endocrine).
Although exosomes were discovered more than 30 years ago, it was not until recently that the scientific community began to give credit to exosomes for a range of promising traits. Ten years ago in 2006, there were only 76 articles published about exosomes on PubMed.gov. Five years ago in 2011, there were 271 articles published about exosomes. Today, there are more than 4,400 articles published about exosomes on PubMed.gov. Importantly, 1,088 of the articles (~25%) were released in the 2016 calendar year.
There has been an explosion of exosome publications over the past five years, making it important for the scientific community to understand the functionality and importance of these nano-sized vesicles. Indeed, exosomes are gaining momentum as a novel strategy for accessing the therapeutic effects of stem cells without the risks and difficulties of administering the cells to patients.
Exosome companies are also multiplying in number, with new market entrants popping up rapidly. Therefore, this global strategic report identifies key advantages of exosomes, highlights the exponential growth rate of exosome publications, captures company newsflow from key market leaders, and profiles 10 companies that are investing in the development of exosome technologies.
Claim this strategic guide to capitalize on the growing market for exosome technologies and make smarter decisions, faster.
Table of Contents
- Report Purpose
- What are Exosomes
- Advantages of Exosomes
- Types of Stem Cell Derived Exosomes
- Therapeutic Effects of Exosomes
- Role of Stem Cell Exosomes in Cancer
- Rates of Exosome Scientific Publications (All Cell Types)
- Rates of Scientific Publications for Exosomes
- Rates of Scientific Publications for Exosome Synonyms
- Trend Data for Stem Cell Exosomes
- Scientific Publication Rates
- Grant Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Clinical Trial Analysis
- Social Analytics
- Marketing Costs for Exosomes – Google Adwords Price-Per-Click (PPC)
- Top Social Media Articles (Trailing 12-Months)
- Google Trends
- Twitter Data
- Exosome Industry Events (Timeline)
- Profiles of Companies Developing Exosome Technologies
- Anjarium Biosciences
- Capricor Therapeutics
- Codiak Biosciences
- Creative Medical Technologies Holdings
- Exosome Diagnostics
- Evox Therapeutics
- Exosome Sciences
- Exosomics Siena SpA
- Exogenus Therapeutics
- HansaBioMed Life Sciences
- Kimera Labs
- Companies Developing Exosomes Research Products
- Market Leaders
- 101 Bio
- Beckman Coulter
- Cell Guidance Systems
- Cosmo Bio
- Galen Lab Sciences
- HansaBioMed Life Sciences (Acquired by Lonza)
- iZon Science
- MBL International Corporation
- Miltenyi Biotec
- Norgen Biotek
- SystemBio (SBI)
- Thermo Fisher
- Google Adwords Advertisements
- Market Leaders
- SWOT Analysis for Stem Cell Exosome Market (“Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats”)
- Investments Flowing Into Stem Cell Exosomes
- Venture Capital
- Other Types of Investment (M&A, Partnerships, Co-Development)
- Market Segments
- Research Products
- Diagnostic Tools
- Manufacturing Services
- Market Size Determinations
- Market Expansion, by Segment
- Market Size Determinations
- Five-Year Market Projections (through 2022)
- Exosome Conferences and Events
Length: 123 pages
Format: Electronic (PDF) Version for Immediate Download
As the first and only market research firm to specialize in the stem cell industry, BioInformant research has been cited by the Wall Street Journal, Xconomy, and Vogue Magazine. Serving Fortune 500 leaders that include GE Healthcare, Pfizer, and Goldman Sachs, BioInformant is your global leader in stem cell industry data.
Of course, all BioInformant products come with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee.
Delivery: Get immediate access to your product as a PDF download; printing rights allowed.