Antony O’Dell, CEO of Tissue Regenix, discusses the success of the first clinical trial use of Tissue Regenix’s new technology for treating ruptures of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). Watch the video below, followed by key points.
Key Points Include:
- Last December, orthopedic and trauma surgeon, Dr. Gabriel Oliver, successfully implanted OrthoPure™ XT decellularised tendons using Tissue Regenix patented dCELL® technology in two patients who had suffered ACL tears during athletic activity
- These surgeries are the first in a clinical trial of 40 patients. The trial is a step toward securing regulatory sign-off for a 2017 launch of Tissue Regenix’s new technology
- dCELL technology uses tendons from pigs to create a “like for like” replacement for damaged tissue (in this case, a torn ACL) which is then repopulated by host cells
- With over 900,000 ACL surgeries being performed in the US and EU each year, the OrthoPure XT implants are a significant leap in surgical options for this very common sports injury
- Valued at $4.4 B, the ACL and meniscus global market presents huge opportunity for Tissue Regenix’s advancements in regenerative and sports medicine!
BioInformant is the first and only market research firm to specialize in the stem cell industry. BioInformant research has been cited by the Wall Street Journal, Xconomy, and Vogue Magazine. Serving Fortune 500 leaders that include GE Healthcare, Pfizer, and Goldman Sachs, BioInformant is your global leader in stem cell industry data.