Recently, RoosterBio announced the launch of the Regenerative Medicine (RM) industry’s first xeno-free (XF) hMSC cell banks to advance and simplify stem cell biomanufacturing. By incorporating XF starting materials at early stages, RM scientists can perform more clinically relevant work, resulting in an expedited path towards clinical testing programs. Due of the importance of this announcement, I followed up with Dr. Priya Baraniak, Director of BD & Strategic Marketing at RoosterBio, to further explore details of the launch. [Read more…]
In breaking news released earlier this month, Cynata Therapeutics Limited (ASX: CYP) announced a major world first.
The company treated a patient with steroid resistant acute graft-versus-host disease (GvHD) as part of a phase 1 clinical study of its first mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) product, CYP-001 .
Click here for the full ASX announcement: http://cynata.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/17.05.16.Treatment-Commences-in-Cynatas-World-First-Clinical-Trial.pdf
This is an important value catalyst for Cynata and also for the regenerative medicine industry, because it is the first time ever that a patient has been treated with an allogeneic induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived therapeutic mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) product. [Read more…]
- First patient with steroid resistant acute graft-versus-host disease (GvHD) treated in Cynata’s phase 1 clinical study of its mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) product, CYP-001
- World first clinical trial using a MSC therapeutic product derived from an induced pluripotent stem cell sourced from a single blood donation from one donor
- Transition into active clinical trials cements Cynata’s world leading position in the development and commercialisation of second generation stem cell products
- Partnership with Fujifilm for the commercialisation of CYP-001; trial commencement accelerates this target
Late last year, Australian stem cell and regenerative medicine company, Cynata Therapeutics Limited (ASX: CYP), developed compelling data in an asthma model and is now ramping up that program.
In October 2016, Cynata announced it had received convincing data from a proof of concept study of its Cymerus™ iPSC-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) in an experimental model of asthma. Those initial results demonstrated that Cymerus™ MSCs can exert a powerful effect via improved airway hyper-responsiveness. [Read more…]
- Yaky Yanay appointed Co-Chief Executive Officer to serve together with Co-Chief Executive Officer Zami Aberman
- Erez Egozi appointed as Chief Financial Officer